Some people do not get sick – why?
It’s tempting to dismiss it as luck: Some people might catch a slight cold or suffer an occasional ache or pain now and then, but they never seem to suffer from flus, fevers and illnesses that send the rest of us diving under the covers for days.
Here are 8 surprising habits of those people who never get sick — and how you can adapt them to your own soon-to-be healthier life.
1. THEY STRESS LESS Stress damages the immune system and the heart.. There’s also evidence that learning relaxation techniques early on is crucial:
2. THEY EAT LESS As far back as the 1930s, studies found that animals that were fed less lived twice as long.
3. THEY OPT FOR HERBAL REMEDIES Although plant-based health aids have been long derided by the Western medical community, about one quarter of all prescription drugs are derived from plants.
4. THEY MAKE FRIENDS A PRIORITY Studies show that people with strong friendships tend to have more robust immune systems and are less likely to succumb to infectious diseases.
5. THEY STAY Ph BALANCED According to some practitioners of alternative medicine, the body is healthiest when its systems are functioning midway between completely acidic and completely alkaline (i.e., pH balanced
6. THEY EAT GARLIC and other stuff like turmeric etc
7. THEY DETOX REGULARLY Many chemicals used commonly today—such as phthalates, dioxins and PCBs—were absent from our environment a century ago. That might be why the rates of diseases (including cancer and liver disease) linked to toxic exposures are increasing.
8. THEY TAKE MORE NAPS Sleep deprivation has the same biological effect as stress: Overtired bodies ratchet up production of the hormone cortisol, which gives you energy but restricts production of human growth hormone, limiting your body’s ability to repair itself. Just like stress, sleep loss has a degenerative effect on your health, and lack of sleep is also tied to compromised immune function.