Written By Jimmy Sweeney President of CareerJimmy
There are average cover letters, and then there are amazing cover letters. Write yours to make a difference, to inspire, and to land the job interview. You can do this. Turn on your computer and get started now. Follow the suggestions below and double your odds immediately.
- Write from your heart. Display the personality behind the words on the page. Be yourself and be enthusiastic. Keep it short and sweet.
- Let the hiring manager know you are well qualified to fill the job opening. Provide specific examples of what you've done and what you can do now.
- Mention being a team player, your ability to communicate clearly and to take direction, and your willingness to lead when given the opportunity.
- Refer to the company's mission statement and how you will do your part to help the organization achieve its goals.
- Close your letter with a warm thank you and a direct request for the opportunity to be interviewed for the job. This is key.
An amazing job-search cover letter can quickly translate to more quality job interview requests. The moment an employer reads what you've written, he or she will be able to see right away that you are a personal, professional, committed applicant looking to interview for the job.